We received this message last night from Esma's tour coordinator and agent in the U.S. This is a huge disappointment for us and no doubt for you as well.
We have learned much in these few weeks and will not be deterred from bringing other world-class artists to the Northwest. It has been a great experience putting this show together, and we have made many great connections between various communities in the process.
We have just been informed by the US Embassy in Skopje that Esma and her band are not being allowed to enter the US with petitioned visa due to irregular situations that came up for some of the traveling party. We reapplied locally and have been told that they will not be granted their newly petitioned visas for this tour and that the secondary appeal would take at least two months to complete. Despite our best efforts to save this tour - having contacted local and international officials and specialists - the tour is being postponed until further notice, no sooner than February 2012. This is a massive disappointment to Esma, the band, the amazing organizers and supporters of this tour, me, and of course you, the presenters.
If you have paid a deposit to Esma, rest assured that your money will be refunded shortly via a certified check.
We will be working with Esma, her manager, and her new booking agent in Germany to set the new dates and will send out an email to all of you as soon as it is confirmed.
On behalf of Esma, Vesna, and the local US organizers that helped build this tour, I apologize for the unfortunate and very sad turn of events.