Sunday, June 26, 2011

OUR SCHOOL

FROM-- THE WRAP

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-post/our-school-tops-silverdocs-documentary-festival-28575
BY CASSIE M CHEW


Published: June 25, 2011 

A film that tells the story of integrating three “gypsy” children into the mainstream school system in a small Eastern European town captured the Sterling award in the U.S. film category Saturday at the AFI-Discovery Silverdocs documentary film festival in Silver Spring, Maryland.

In "Our School," directors Mona Nicoara and Miruna Coca-Cozma follow three students in Romania over a period of four years, with an eye toward documenting barriers to providing access to education in a race-
based, hierarchical society, after the town, in 2006, receives funds in exchange for promising to integrate the schools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.