Friday, December 18, 2009

ROMANIA


"Sunt Rom si am obosit sa fiu calcat in picioare in fiecare zi.

DA-MI SANSA.

CUNOASTE-MA INAINTE SAMA JUDECI!"
___________

"I am Roma and I am tired of being trampled on every day.

GIVE ME A CHANCE.

KNOW ME BEFORE JUDGING ME!"
_________________________________________________________
My friend and brilliant musician, Costi Parvulescu, photographed the above words this past October in Bucuresti, Romania.
They are painted in intersections throughout the city.
The street paintings are part of the Roma Awareness Anti Racism Campaign in Bucuresti.

Sorry I couldn't get the picture onto the blog. It's an effective and inspiring shot.

2 comments:

Gotee Princess, Citizen of Xee said...

I think there was a website address attached to that campaign. Lemme see if I can find it.

Morgan said...

That'd be great. Thanks
Morgan