Saturday, November 8, 2008

EQUALITY IN AMERICA

With the election of Barack Obama America rejoiced. Every news program I watched featured people saying how now anyone could achieve anything in America. While I supported Obama, I am dumbfounded that the right for gay people to marry in California was denied. So, anyone except gays can achieve what they want.
Do you see the irony in this.
I personally am opposed to the concept of state sanctioned marriage,but I will fight for the rights of anyone to get married if that is their choice.
How dare others dictate what gay people can or can not do.
It made me feel invisible when everyone rejoiced in the "now Americans can reach the goals they aspire to" celebrations. Well everyone can't.
And let's be aware that minorities in this country still have lesser status, whether based on ethnicity, race or sexual preference.
The struggle continues.

No comments: